The faucet is to control the outflow of water. Generally, it will be installed more in the bathroom and kitchen. Durable 3 way faucet
Many large and small accessories will be used in the installation so that the installation of the faucet is more secure.
Popular three way kitchen faucet and other faucets are one of the most frequently used appliances in the home. According to statistics, each person has to turn the faucet 20 times a day on average. After a long time, it is inevitable that the faucet will leak, rust, and other problems. Is it possible to just use it at this time, or wait for the master to come to repair it? Of course, you can’t just sit and wait, you can easily solve these problems by yourself!
1. No matter how tight the faucet is, what should I do if it still keeps dripping water
The position of the water pipe in the house, every time after washing the dishes, is there such a situation? It is obviously tightened, but it is still dripping water. Although the dripping water is not fast, it will leave a lot of words in one night. It takes a lot of money How much wasted money? I believe that many people have encountered this situation. Generally, they think that the faucet is broken, and then directly replace it with a new faucet. However, this is not the case in all cases. We should find out the cause and prescribe the right medicine.
Most likely the gasket inside the faucet is broken. Generally, durable 3 way faucets have plastic gaskets inside, and the quality of gaskets in different brands is also very different. When this happens, simply replace the gasket. If you don’t have time to buy, you can also find some plastic waste at home, cut it into the size of a faucet pipe and replace it.
What to do if water seeps around the faucet spool
Sometimes it is because the faucet is turned too hard, resulting in loosening or separation from the installed medium. Just remove it and reinstall it and tighten it. If there is too much water seepage, it is recommended to use thick tape to surround the faucet interface and install it back.
What to do if the spiral gap of the faucet leaks
There may be a problem with the gasket. Remove the faucet to see if the gasket has fallen off or is damaged, as long as it is repaired and replaced in time.
Water seepage at the joint of the pipe
The faucet has been used for a long time, resulting in loose or rusted nuts. As long as you replace a new faucet or put in an extra gasket, you can prevent water seepage.
The water outlet of the faucet is forked or the water volume is reduced
Fault: The filter screen of the bubbler is clogged with dirt or debris such as scale.
Method: Remove the faucet and clean the filter.
Poor water quality
Many people don’t understand, what is the relationship between poor water quality and leaking taps? In fact, poor water quality will cause garbage to accumulate in the valve core, which will easily cause the valve core to not close tightly.
The water from the faucet is getting smaller and smaller
First, check whether the water outlet of other adjacent durable 3 way faucets is also very small. If it is also very small, it is a problem with the water pressure of the tap water. If the water pressure is insufficient, it is recommended to add an electric water pump.
If the water from other adjacent faucets is normal, it means that the water channel is blocked or the bubbler is blocked, and there is rust or impurities. In such a situation, you can remove the valve core and rinse the water passage; if the bubbler is only blocked, just remove the bubbler and clean it again.
The water outlet of the faucet is leaking
Fault: Water leaks after fastening the faucet, which may be caused by water leakage at the water outlet, usually caused by the wear of the shaft gasket in the faucet.
Method: Remove the small screw on the handle of the durable 3 way faucet, and remove the fixed handle. Opening it up reveals the top-mounted handle screw.
Use a wrench to loosen and remove the valve core, take out the shaft gasket, and replace it with a new shaft gasket or replace the valve core.
Reinstall the handle and put the button or disc back on. Turn the water supply back on and check for leaks.
Water leaks from the gap at the lower part of the faucet
Fault: Water leakage at the connection of the faucet base is caused by the wear of the gasket in the gland.
Method: Loosen the screw and remove the bolt head, loosen the gland, take out the gasket inside the gland, and replace it with a new one.
Correct use method: lightly close and lightly open, do not turn the faucet knob vigorously repeatedly, do not turn the faucet too tightly.
The common law of dripping water from faucets
- First turn off the water gate, and then remove the small screw. There are some screws hidden under plastic buttons or sheets etc that snap or screw into the handle.
- After removing the handle, check the parts of the durable 3 way faucet. Using pliers or an adjustable wrench, remove the packing nut. Unscrew them by turning the spool or shaft in the same direction you turned it when you turned on the faucet.
- Remove the screw holding the washer, if necessary, use penetrating grease to loosen the screw. Check the screws and spool and replace them with new ones if damaged.
- Change to a brand new washer, and the normal faucet will not drip with a new washer. You can see if the old gasket is beveled or flat, and remember to choose to replace it with the same new gasket. Gaskets designed only for cold water will expand violently when hot water flows through, blocking the spout and slowing down the flow of hot water. Some gaskets will work in both hot and cold water, but you want to make sure that the gasket you buy for replacement is the exact same one as the original.
- Now that the new gasket has been secured to the cartridge, the faucet can be reinstalled. Rotate the spool clockwise. After the spool is in place, reinstall the packing nut. Be careful not to scratch the metal with the wrench.
- Reinstall the handle and put the button or disc back on, turn on the water supply again, and check for any leaks.
After reading the durable 3 way faucet and other faucet leak repair methods above, you might as well mark it up, and you can easily solve it by yourself, don’t you feel great! If it is because the faucet is too old and still leaks and drips after maintenance, it is recommended to replace it with a new one~